- 17 Sep 10
- The Art and Science of Iridescence. Barber Institute of Fine Arts, Birmingham.
- 27 Nov 09
- Franziska Schenk in Discussion with Prof. Frederic Fol Leymarie. Thursday Club, Goldsmiths University of London.
- 24 Nov 09
- In the Eye of the Beholder: The Art of Evolution. School of Art, Birmingham City University.
- 06 Mar 08
- Fluctuating Colour in Nature and Art. Nature and Life, Natural History Museum, London.
- 13 Dec 07
- Art and Science: A Dialogue. Public lecture followed by panel discussion, Barber Institute of Fine Arts, Birmingham.
- June 10
- Invited research visit to Department of Neurophysics, Groningen University, NL.
- 13 July 09
- Bio-inspired ‘Pigments’ and their Conversion to the Painter’s Palette. Conference: Bio-inspired Photonic Structures, San Sebastian, Spain.
- 31 March 09
- Biophotonics: An Inspiration for Fine Art Painting. SciArt Colloquium: Biophotonics – Bioinspiration, Fondation des Treilles, France.
- 24 Oct 08
- Capturing Nature’s Fluctuating Colour on Canvas. Conference: Colour in Art, Design and Nature, Edinburgh Academy.
- 31 July 08
- Reflections on the Natural History Museum: The Art of Iridescence and Nature’s Jewels. 3rd Int. Conf. on the Arts and Society, Birmingham.
- 16 Apr 08
- Art and Iridescence: The Museum’s Collection as Exemplar. New Perspectives Research Workshop, Natural History Museum, London.